Custom Search

Saturday, August 1, 2015

What I Experienced with my Tummy Tuck with Muscle Repair and Liposuction of Flanks Days 11-15

CHANNEL YOUR INNER MACGYVER.

Days 11-15 have been all about getting comfortable.

The drains came out on Day 12. My drainage was 30 ml followed by 22 ml.
Swelling has subsided some, but there are still a few months to go in that area.

What I've done to make the healing process easier has much to do with some of my pre surgical purchases.

I picked up a pharmacy store brand 30 Piece Wound Care Kit for $19.99 and have found many uses for its contents. I also found cotton rounds especially useful.  Not all cotton rounds are created equal, so use those that are stitched around the edge because they are less likely to fray and stick to your wound.

Initially, I used the medical tape and long gauze pads to cover my incision while suited up in my armor aka compression garment.

I also padded my inner thighs where the compression garment seams seemed to be irritating me. And I cushioned my cooch because after the pre surgical shave, my growing pubes even seemed to hurt.

The drain tubes were pressing into my skin under my compression garment.  So, I cut cotton rounds in half and with medical tape affixed one half under both sides of my drain tubes. This created cushion under the tube and gauze pads where then placed over the tubes.


After my drains were removed and bandaged, I used transparent dressing covers to waterproof the ones the doc applied.

1 comment:

gameboysmile said...

Hi there. Thank you for sharing your wonderful article. A tummy tuck can be used to restore the look of a flat and contoured midsection. This procedure may involve bringing the rectus abdominus, or sit-up muscles, back together if they’ve been stretched or separated by pregnancy.


Tummy Tuck in Manila